::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
October 21, 2017, 01:23:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BNR32.... the ongoing project that will never get finished  (Read 75495 times)
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« on: March 22, 2006, 12:42:43 AM »

I decided to split the 32 off from the rest of the skyline topic since its an ongoing project that has seen many starts, half built meshes, model & texture losses and general laziness... only taken 5 years to get this far (after about 6 or 7 half built 32s that have been scrapped)

And yes, the R35 could get completed but i've not had my share of luck with that model after the PSDs got corrupted a year or so ago when my desktop was on the way out.

i did find an old pic of the car on the 2005 site

for the moment i'm only making the car in the picture below,
but as i have stock wheels made i can make a stock model too but that's not really a priority.

--------------- post from 2006 lol

well.. i hoped my update would be more spectacular than this.. but the progress i expected is not really there yet, since i'm not happy with the car, and i've got a pounding headache....

There should be celebration since its taken me two years to finally post some HCR32/BNR32 updates Tongue

*edit, yes there are no bolts, and they're not really finished, but at least its an update. lol

* 32rim.jpg (43.58 KB, 668x400 - viewed 632 times.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:52:23 AM by endo » Logged

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
J Design
User

Burninator

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 01:26:23 AM »

rofl... nice rim I suppose, now where would the rest of the car be Tongue

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 01:33:12 AM »

its going through the 4th rebuild Tongue

its a little bit anal, but ive never been happy with the car as i've made it in the past, and i really want it to be a nice model. Then it'll be worth wasting my time on my little N1 skyline mod. anyways, once if i start feeling any better this week, hopefully i'll have got the base body mesh presentible to the public. I'm not really one for posting half made things Cheesy (except if its my GT-R Proto... lol, which i should really finish)

lysdexia
User

[DIRTY31] || V.I.Pig

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »

the spokes stick out too far, the highest point of the spokes should be about flush with the lip of the rim.  by pulling them in a bit this would fix the other error i can see, being that the bends in the spokes are a little too extreme

texturing is well done though

shift_DRIFT

don't worry 'bout it, don't worry 'bout us, we fuckin' bash cunts o'rite.
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 12:49:02 AM »

lol, they are flush with the rim.

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:15:11 AM »

mega necropost...

* 32-002.jpg (94.07 KB, 640x399 - viewed 462 times.)

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »

Wait a moment - first you post an R32 screen from FM3, now this... coincidence? grin

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »

lol.

i dug this back out the end of the last week and started again for the 10th time on this car, all previous versions were lost, i just had the bare basiscs of a shell...

did some new volks, need to tweak the texture since the colors are off, but at least they are accurate down to the baller lug nuts

* 32-003.jpg (37.93 KB, 795x494 - viewed 425 times.)

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:19:49 PM »

Is it just the perspective or is the tread domed a bit too much? Other than that, they look like pretty efficient, looks vs polygon count.

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
jabb
User

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »

How many polygons is one of these rims? They do look sweet and quite inspiring for me.
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »

I think your right cosmo, i'd say the perspective is making them look a lot more domed, but still they are probably to round. I had a look at the direzzas in the hallway when i got home and the tread is practically flat. they have pretty straight flat sidewalls too, unlike the tires currently on the volks which have a more sounded profile.
Since i'm going to use the direzzas for textures best make them look like they do in real life Cheesy

Err... Polywise they are a bit silly high, i got carried away making all the correct chamfers and details, so they need a serious cut down. Not really too keen on the texture now i've had time to compare the color, they look really brown. I might test them in game tomorrow and see what they look like with some color tweaks, and if i managed to get the lips to look polished, unlike the spokes which have a subtle textured surface.

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 05:05:36 AM »

tire model tweaks so they have the correct dimensions for 255/40/R17
also flattened off the tread, which helped alot to get the tire radius/rim/sidewall size accurate.

they look better with a bit of specular, so i might have to test running a fresnel type spec map to get the look that the volks have.

poly count is 6k  shocked lol
to be fair its like i said 36 sided wheel, lots of chamfers to get the rim to have the right shape.. and yeah the reverse side lip is modeled to for no good reason, i'll all get optimised at some point but for now they look nice.

and if anything at least they arent 11k each like the GTUs

* s13volk.jpg (81.38 KB, 800x499 - viewed 473 times.)

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 06:06:15 AM »

Did you use the given tread width of 255mm as the total width, or measured the real overall dimensions including shoulder and sidewall?

You know I'm all for some extra wheel detail, at least on a static or slow running car. It's just so much nicer to have a properly finished mesh from all angles and LOD can take away the performance hit quite effectively after all smiley

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 08:08:02 AM »

i measured the direzzas a while ago for some reason i cant remeber why.... i know they worked out at slightly over 10inches wide but not by much.

tread and sidewall texture done for the Direzza Sport Z1s, just need to make some project mu discs and gold brembos, and that's the wheel side of things done. (guh, goning to have to make a seperate rear caliper/disc texture if i'm going to be accurate)

i got them exported to have a look at them... not too shabby, took me a while to remember what i was meant to be doing Tongue

Gonna have to see what i can do lodwise, probably a good idea since i've been abusing polys in my last few sets of wheels (which were for photo op eye candy)

* s13volk2.jpg (172.81 KB, 800x396 - viewed 990 times.)

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 09:25:24 AM »

What do you mean "if I'm going to be accurate"? grin Looking good on the screens, some subtle bump mapping on the tyre could pop the sidewall details and tread pattern (if it's not ending up edgy because of the current Cg bump map code).

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: