::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
November 19, 2017, 01:39:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DQD Editing Page  (Read 27845 times)
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2004, 05:40:32 PM »

Smiley That's just 3dsmax text, a little too high poly, but SLRR doesn't use textures for it's rims. :S

OZ
[Absolute Dicktator]
GTapex Enforcer

To the '80s

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2004, 09:51:25 PM »

Quote from: "discoquinn"
Smiley That's just 3dsmax text, a little too high poly, but SLRR doesn't use textures for it's rims. :S

thats bad... cus i have the vetorial version of the bbs logo here, aswell other brands... it would be great to use on it.  Sad

GTApex Staff - keeping the No0bs away from GTApex since 2004!
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2004, 08:50:43 AM »

Well I could use some Decals for My First ever Racer project.....

Domestic Drifter D1 edition Cheesy

I figure the north american trend will slowly accept more domestic vehicles into the drifting craze, mostly, light trucks.

There rwd, horrible front balanced, and can take a beat, for pennies on the doller. And, there the cheapest vehicles to insure.

AE86_difter
User

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2004, 09:03:27 AM »

looks awsome, i have a domestic d1 wagon project.

i like how it looks good job!!!

" A 325i is like night vision goggle kung-fu with nun-chuks..."-20vWill
OZ
[Absolute Dicktator]
GTapex Enforcer

To the '80s

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2004, 11:10:21 AM »

Quote from: "discoquinn"
Well I could use some Decals for My First ever Racer project.....

Domestic Drifter D1 edition Cheesy

I figure the north american trend will slowly accept more domestic vehicles into the drifting craze, mostly, light trucks.

There rwd, horrible front balanced, and can take a beat, for pennies on the doller. And, there the cheapest vehicles to insure.

cool, looks great! About the decals, tell me the ones you want and if i have they i'll make  a zip file and post here wink

GTApex Staff - keeping the No0bs away from GTApex since 2004!
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2004, 11:32:13 AM »

I hope that's not a Syclone - that'd be a shame.

Anyway, cool thing! Start a new trend, buddy Smiley

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2004, 12:22:36 PM »

I've never actually made anything for Racer, so I'm not sure how to make this  functioning car, I'm not worried about making an accurate ini for this,

But i have no idea where to start......other than modeling  shocked

I;m torn between whther I should use Domestic or Japanese tuning decals as it's definatly a mixture of both......

Anything is welcomed Cheesy

I'm alost forcing myself to learn how to make the body tex, as my only experience is with SLRR, which is every part of the car is uvw mapped individually, as the car is paintable in game and decallable in game as well.....

What I really hate is having to piece together tutorials, it's such a pain.....

but any tutorials are definatly helpful Smiley

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2004, 01:19:54 PM »

For the decals, just use what's on the car! If you think about what the car should feature (other than the visible parts), there should be enough to choose from. Brakes, intakes, driveshaft, shift knob... plenty of stuff that makes for a good decal.

I can help you with the ini, set up a basic ini for you, so it's ingame and has some rough handling features - read through some docs on racer.nl, especially the part about the car.ini, lol There is no complete guide to ini making, only certain parts are covered more deeply. It's important to ahev as much specs as possible, then it will all be easier.
Every aspect is mentioned in this doc, the rest is training/knowledge. I guess you want to learn it yourself anyway, so I won't do everything, if you so wish wink

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2004, 01:37:05 PM »

i totally i agree with Cosmo

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2004, 01:38:49 PM »

Ahould I uvw map it in Zmod or 3dsmax?

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2004, 02:04:13 PM »

So true Endo - man, I could talk about my dream R32 for hours - let alone the Camaro (damnit, I want that bowtie rearview mirror!), lol We're a strange bunch of car-nuts... Tongue

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2004, 02:57:47 PM »

what can i say.... Racer editing is the perfect poor mans auto salon... you can dress it up, tune it and then take it out for a spin, without all the costs of fuel, new tires Tongue, the actual car.....and most likely the repair to all the damage after you hit a barrier and fly into the cosmos.

just hang a scented tree from your monitor and your sorted......

oh and another thing, it saves you money if your setup looks awful, at least you can get a good idea what your car looks like before you fork out the cash Cheesy

@disco,.. before we get totally off topic with rantings about imaginary cars... Tongue i suggest map it in what ever you feel most comfortable with, because the mapping co-ords will export from max and vice versa.. i suggest doing the normals too in max, and exporting as a .ase, then importing into modeler (that little program that comes with racer) exporting as a .dof and then re-importing into zmod to fine tune all the details... just try not to export as a .3ds back to max tho.. you will lose all your smoothing groups and the car will look like a mangled hunk of shite.

so if you can do it all in max.. and then export its best. (at least thats my opinion)

OT.. some more... wtf? SL:RR has no rim textures... what sort of crap is that... god, that sort of defeats the purpose of everything... textures are like the icing on the cake... i'm tired i think, so i'm probably going off on one...

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2004, 06:42:04 PM »

Some concept rims and a partially finished trueno.

HokusaiXL
User

Here Mikan, here kitty!

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2004, 07:23:32 PM »

And why the USDM front bumper? Looks great though.

Yum!
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2004, 10:40:36 AM »

Damn, that rim is shiny! shocked *thumbs up*

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: