::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
October 21, 2017, 01:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferrari 348 Michelotto GT Competizione  (Read 33436 times)
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« on: February 09, 2006, 09:33:40 PM »

time to strap yourself in...

yes Tongue the tail-lights are missing
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 01:16:55 PM by endo » Logged

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
Icekid84
GTapex Enforcer

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:22:03 PM »

lol you know what I'm going to say Wink On top of it looks sweet and its good to see the redheaded stepchild of Ferrari fans getting made.

Just get thou some 18s, push the wheels inward a bit and you'll have me drooling lol

Oh and also the back fender on the rear needs to be pushed inward. And I think your side intakes need to be deeper.

*more pictures if you need some that i found, good detail shots for the small things.   
http://community.webshots.com/album/109720933RTvSZn

* Ferrari 348 209.jpg (345.77 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 3546 times.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 10:37:22 PM by Icekid84 » Logged

..... Just Killing Time .....
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 06:30:31 AM »

did a few tweaks to the model here and there, the rims are a bit bigger, tire sizes for front and rear are the correct diameter and width now, amazingly the wheelbase is spot on :O which was a bit of a shock, considering the car is actually the right size for a change lol, no weird scaling issues at least this time round.

the vents have also been marginally deepened, once they get textured up properly they wont be looking so shallow anymore.

then some other things changed...

and i got bored and put it ingame.. runs suprisingly fast, probably because of all the tri-stripping. Still needs textures, those lights are just there so i've got something to look at. Incidently.. i was going to make the rims black,... somehow i haven't actually got around to changing the texture.

edit.. so i textured the rims.. much better.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:19:51 AM by endo » Logged

Pzailokyba
User

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 02:01:06 PM »

Wow! I don't really like Ferraris but this one looks cool.
signorpigrone
User

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 02:12:28 PM »

As always, beautiful modelling.  If you can get the engine sound and handling down right, this is guaranteed to become a favorite of mine. 

A sufficiently stupid person in the right place at the right time can be like a halfbrick in the path of the bicycle of progress.
J Design
User

Burninator

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 03:17:27 PM »

you already know my opion on this beauty... I hope it sounds as nice as it looks Cheesy

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 03:16:11 PM »

thanks alot, glad you guys like it, personally i dislike ferrari's particularily everything post 1990, but if i love any its the 348GT, so i thought i'd do something different, and more mainstream. Even if its one of the least popular ferrari's

Finally shifted my ass and made the rear lights, then some simple texturing for now, i'll need to go in and texture all the black bits properly since the only thing i've done is bodywork, and things like lights and small bits of detail

so a wee update.

Icekid84
GTapex Enforcer

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 09:36:17 PM »

Ok I never use this but damn its the first thing that came to my head when I saw it...

That is the SEX!! lol that is just hot stuff. I would even go as far to say that I would even consider installing Racer when that beauty comes available.

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 12:45:20 PM »

cheers man Cheesy your help has been really useful on it, i know i cannot be very receptive sometimes when it comes to crits Tongue but believe or not i do try and fix the things.. eventually LOL

so far i'm pretty pleased with the car, built in about 2 days, and its not to bad in terms of accuracy, the curve for the rear window bit needs to be made bigger at the moment its a tad tighter than the real car, and i still need to add the racing fuel cap thing that the Michelotto has.

once the rest of the major things have been fixed, i'll get it properly mapped and textured right now.. its pretty well mapped but there are odd bits here and there which are messy, or flawed.

oh, and badges still need to be added, along with mirrors and wipers (the two bits.. i take years to make Smiley

right now the body is around 20k, and that is pretty obscene in terms of poly counts, but when you look at PGR3 models they are around 100k, and while it is on an Xbox360, the framerates are pretty damn good, even in High Def mode, so with some decent use of LOD's there's no reason it should cause to much of a performance hit in racer. So the way i'm thinking i'm going to use this model, for the main LOD, then with 3 or 4 lower poly version, the car should be just as framerate friendly as anything else. The only thing that will change is the wheels, since they are a tad silly in terms of polycount.

a screenshot from racer taken by L.B. yesterday... without sounding like an ass. its looks pretty damn nice.

Icekid84
GTapex Enforcer

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »

This is why I must learn the more indepth features of Max texturing and smoothings normals...... I'll be on later tonight hopefully you will be on then ( my time 7:00 PM eastern)

ML
GTapex VIP

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 03:10:06 PM »

Very nice endo Cheesy  Nice to see a Ferrari from you.  I also started a Ferrari a few days ago, a huge mess at the moment. Tongue

OZ
[Absolute Dicktator]
GTapex Enforcer

To the '80s

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 04:31:12 PM »

the odds of being without a PC for a single week... I missed a lot of things... damn... i hate my pc... Definatly one of your best models so far... (excluding the never ever finished trueno Tongue) anyway, i'll keep track of this... hope to see some team scheme on it if possible Tongue

GTApex Staff - keeping the No0bs away from GTApex since 2004!
J Design
User

Burninator

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »

you could easily pass that off to normal people as a real pic... nice job

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 10:20:02 PM »

lol OZ... yeah, well i took a week off work, i've got my holidays to use up Tongue

don't talk about trueno's... man there's so many things that need to be done, and i had been working on a cleaner model already, luckily i put that aside for a few. (the world doesnt need more trueno's for me at the moment)

got things left to do still, but i've taken a day or two away from the model, just so i dont get burnt out buy it, there's a big list of things to do. Just hoping i can get as much done by the time i gotta go back to work

This is just pimping now... but L.B. took this shot for me earlier today.

AlexV
GTapex VIP

?????

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 08:28:36 PM »

kudos for you Endo, you managed to make one of the very few Ferraris i actually like Smiley And it looks like the real thing Shocked

Anyway, i guess that's on my list "to drive in Racer" for August 2031 Cheesy Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: