::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
November 19, 2017, 01:46:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .crv files.........  (Read 7601 times)
Pixel_Rider
User

« on: April 16, 2006, 10:42:10 AM »

I was working with the curve file editor, and noticed I could import Dyno2000 .dyn files. I decided to try it out since I own dyno 2000 and dyno 2003. When I imported my curves I had modeled for a friends real life 85 corolla gts and compared them to the curves in the trueno cars I had downloaded from here, I found that the curves I had imported were all comming in at 1.0 or under on the Torque scale in Curved while the ones from here were around 150. Whats the deal with that?Huh?Huh??? Is it normal?

I was going to attempt to tune one of the trueno's as close to my friends a I could in Dyno2000, but if its gonna have to be completely reworked in Curved then I'm not gonna bother.
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 11:32:49 AM »

I already replied to your post on RSC, but here goes anyway.

If you want create a .crv you can either do the curve normalized and have the max_torque factor set to the real @ wheels Nm value, or the other way around (.crv with real Nm and max_torque set to match the drivetrain loss percentage).
Feel free to show your results here, I'm always interested some new real-world 4A data.

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
Pixel_Rider
User

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »

Thanks again cosmo, I was just spreading my question around a bit to see what I could come up with. Ill post some things here when I get the 4AGE import sorted out (I have modeled a 4AGZE supercharged motor in dyno 2000 also, and thats the new motor we just put into my buddys 85 corolla gts coupe)
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 02:13:04 PM »

Ah, the GZE should be fun, nice and grunty. I'd like to compare to the GZE curve I did some months ago, so keep us updated  Smiley

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
Pixel_Rider
User

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:58:09 AM »

If you have dyno 2000, I can send the .dyn file to you after I convert it from dyno2003.
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 08:16:45 AM »

I don't have any of those programs, so a normal image file of the graph, a screenshot from within the Dyno 200x or similar would be cool. However, doesn't have to be like right now.

BTW, out of curiosity: what year and condition is the GZE, what's the setup of your friends car?

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
Pixel_Rider
User

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 11:34:22 AM »

The motor is out of an 89 or 90 levin GTZ (AE92). The motor was just rebuilt before we bought it, so its in great shape. we are just waiting on the wireing harness to come back from Btune in California USA. The rest of the car is bone stock till we get it to the shop to put on the other junk he bought last week. Ill let you know what he has when I find out.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:37:35 AM by Pixel_Rider » Logged
Pixel_Rider
User

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 01:23:04 PM »

Here's a little update on the crv files and the motor swap I did on my buddies car.

First the crv files: I have gotten the hang of importing my dyno files into curved as normalized values and editing the car.ini with the true max torque value. it makes for some fun driving . I have attached a few screenshots showing the differences in the curves. I used the curve file from the AE86 Black Limited car versus my imported curves for a stock 4age (101HP/96LBFT ~ 130NM) and 4agze (165HP/126LBFT ~ 170NM) done in Desktop Dyno 2000.

Second, the motor swap: We finaly got everything sorted and got the car on the road. That little car is wild fast and likes to throw the ass end around. I will post pics when I get them from him.

* torque 4A-GE 16v.jpg (29.23 KB, 962x729 - viewed 430 times.)

* stock4age.jpg (31.58 KB, 962x729 - viewed 433 times.)

* stock4agze.jpg (30.8 KB, 962x729 - viewed 434 times.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 01:27:43 PM by Pixel_Rider » Logged
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »

The GZE looks similar to what I found, it's much cleaner than the GE normally is, though your GE curve doesn't have the characteristic steps I found on real dyno sheets.
I think the curves should start at 0/0, no engine speed mean s no torque produced Smiley Glad to see have fun with it and even better if you got proper data to base it all on.

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
Pixel_Rider
User

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 06:11:31 PM »

I think the steps are from the tuning of the intake manifold. If you were to look at the 4age with a big plenum and short runners, the curve would smooth out a bit. If racer, or more precisely curved, would accept dyno files from more programs I would use a newer version of dyno-sim like the sport compact version (supports variable valve timing and variable intake tuning)
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 05:14:48 AM »

Well, even if it sounds like more work, I simply create my curve files manually. Apart from being a bit time-consuming, it's quite easy to re-create a curve like that, and you also get the freedom of chosing your level of detail. Curved is a very simple program, of course it's not meant to be a dyno software that can simulate changes to the system. However, it's just enough for what Racer needs.

About those steps: I found them on stock engines as well as N2 factory versions - could very well be the intake, I was just thinking it'd be some kind of trademark for the 4A-GE. Bigport 16V > 20V anyway  Grin

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: