::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
November 18, 2017, 12:54:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .:: GTApex Touge Battle II ::.  (Read 42286 times)
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« on: June 06, 2006, 03:12:25 AM »

The Racer KotR competition turned out pretty well in my opinion - sure, we didn't get as far as racing each other,
but we had quite a number of people participating and showing great cars.
The idea behind all of this is to have fun modelling, fiddling with the handling, etc. We want an active community around here, after all.

GTapex Touge Battle II
using Racer the free car simulation

We have two main objectives for now:
1. Build a touge track from scratch
2. Gather your production based tuner cars to participate against each other on said track

Creation of the track is the first step. We are currently deep in planning stages, deciding on the layout and basic scenery, etc.

If you are an experienced 3D artist, landscape architect or texture artist and feel like adding your skills to the soup,
please post here or contact one of the mods via PM.

Once the track is in a reasonably finished state, fixed dates and race rules will be announced for the competition itself.
Track length will most likely be around 2:00min for a Class B contender.
The competition will mainly consist of time attacks, but there might also be a 2 player online battle between the fastest drivers.
This depends on the number of contestants and their online abilities though.
You are encouraged to drive your own car, but in the case you feel like your driving won't show the car's potential,
you may hire someone to be your driver. Drivers are allowed to participate in one car per class only, total maximum of two cars
to be driven by one person.

If you are going to enter a car, make sure that it's either your own creation or you have full permission to use it before even starting anything.
This goes for complete cars, parts like add-on wheels, wings, but also textures, sounds and the likes.
Since you will have to be able to provide replay files as means of proof for your laptimes, you will have to make the models
available at least to the other participants and organizers.
It would be nice if the outcome of this competition was a number
of high quality cars for everybody to enjoy afterwards, so please at least consider a public release.
Although we would like to see some fresh metal (or plastic), you are not forced to enter a completely newly built model.

You are allowed enter a maximum number of two cars in total. This means you can either start with two cars and keep them until the end,
or you start with one car and are allowed one change of car during the competition time. Which classes you enter will be determined by
the status of your car. You may enter both your cars in the same class or you may change classes once, whichever applies.
In accordance with above rule on drivers, you will need to find a second person to drive your second car, in case you are entering two
cars in one class obviously.
The organizers would rather like to see you enter one car that is well thought out and of high quality both in terms of physics and visuals,
than two mediocre cars.

Any kind of production based car is allowed to participate, you don't have to go JDM necessarily, so please try to show at least some originality.
120 years of automobile history should have something for everyone.

This is no drift event, neither is it a beauty contest! It's up to you how your car handles and looks, how you drive it.
Just know that we won't give out time bonuses for mad angles or style points for orange neons and madd tyte JDM aeroparts.

You will have to provide at least a basic description along your tuner car, about what modifications you have carried out.
If things aren't clear to the organizers, it is up to you to provide proof of "realism". Matter of fact, Racer is still very much a beta program,
so everybody is limited to it's capabilities. Those limitations are known and will of course be taken into account.
The most recent stable Racer release version will be used for the competition, it is currently v0.5.3 beta 2.1.

Planned is to give each participant some feedback, a short review on their cars, by the organizers.

Finally, there will be three classes that your production based car can be entered in:

Class A - <2000ccm limited
  • swaps are legal, but they must be from the same manufacturer as the original engine with the same number of cylinders or less (B18 in a Civic, etc.)
  • all swaps must retain the original transmission mounting location
  • must retain stock drivetrain configuration (no FF to MR, etc.)
  • up to 350hp, flywheel figure not taking into account any drivetrain losses
  • up to 10% weight reduction
  • street legal tires
  • aerodynamic changes are unrestricted, as long as the original silhoutte remains

Class B - <2000ccm open / >2000ccm
  • all engine swaps are legal
  • engines can be moved forward and backward up to 300mm
  • must retain stock drivetrain configuration (no FF to MR, etc.)
  • no power restriction
  • up to 15% weight reduction
  • street legal tires
  • aerodynamic changes are unrestricted, as long as the original silhoutte remains

Class C - unlimited
  • all engine swaps are legal
  • engines can be moved anywhere
  • drivetrain swaps are allowed
  • must be production based
  • no power restriction
  • no weight restrictions
  • no tire restrictions
  • no aerodynamic restrictions

Should there be a number of Kei cars participating and it turns out that they are unable to keep up with Class A opponents,
a seperate lisitng will be considered for them.

Any questions and comments go into this thread.

technical/tuning data can be found at billzilla.org

http://www.billzilla.org/engineintro.htm

explore the rest of the site too.. that place is loaded with useful info.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:59:44 AM by Cosmo » Logged

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:46:26 PM »

yeah.. all you 3f3fdriftricerwannabeJDM-ini-d-fanboybitches can post your geeky ideas for lame "drift" cars and so on and so forth in here..

you probably all think touge is drifting.. anywho.. try not to do anything to make yourselves look stupid, k? post away.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 09:49:32 PM by RE turbo G » Logged

GTapex has more tyte cars than you. that's why your mom likes us better.
_
GTapex VIP

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:58:08 PM »

i guess i could put my Evo in here and kleen up  Wink detuned of course

But any ways the most impotent thing that has to be set is the track and from what i've seen there really is not any one good "touge" track there are some but they either sux or are just too short and u cant really have just a DH track cus then there would be no times to post. so what i am trying to say is b4 we get this under way y dont we all try to make a track as like a community then try and race on it and cus we all have a bit of say in it nobody will be able to say "ohh i hate that track i am out" sorta sand puss shit. I will help in any way i can even if its just to help with lay out and conceptual ideas but i can model other things aside form cars....

maybe i am just thinking alittle to idealistically but it would be fun and it might just liven things up around here.

I am auto stupidity

all your aero are belong to me bwahahahahahahah!!!!;)
CRASH
User

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 01:49:04 PM »

I'm up for that idea, i'll help with a track and start modeling a car for this competition as well  Smiley
AlexV
GTapex VIP

?????

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »

i'm up for it - helping with the track and making a car.

Whats the biggest engine a Daihatsu Midjet can take?  Lips Sealed  Tongue

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »

i'm up for it - helping with the track and making a car.

Whats the biggest engine a Daihatsu Midjet can take?  Lips Sealed  Tongue

anything the frame will carry..

personally i wouldnt use more than 660-1000ccs with a turbo.. and maybe 2000-3000cc NA.. the bigger the engine, the more annoying it would be to drive.. anything bigger than stock (exterior dimensions-wise) will probably end up making your midget into an MR.. a 660 turbo or a turbocharged motorcycle engine would probably be more than enough to make the midget into more than a handful..

maybe someone ought to come in and bring some order to the world.. i remember cosmo talking about the idea of classes earlier.. like slightly tuned cars.. (you borrowed your mom's Si and stuck on some track tires, suspension mods, intake and exhaust), hard-tuned cars (someone accidentally left the J's Racing S2000 unlocked..), and purpose-built monsters..(3.5-Liter MR EF-8 CR-X)

_
GTapex VIP

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 04:59:21 PM »

U think because its a "street car" they will not be gutted...mhmmm k u can do that. In my shit ass town there are a few cars that are right gutted and they are daily drivers, prolly tracked on the once in a while.
i think we should use cosmo or EF9's rules but we will have to see how many cars are entered and what classes ppl are leaning towards, i do like the the range that EF9's will allow but there is soo many classes like cosmo said if theres only like 10 cars entered u could easily get a class win just by going in an odd class.
the only thing i dont like about cosmo's rules is there no Kei car openings i would like too see more of those thing racing and opening up the rules for them my just get more ppl making them...
i would like to run a few cars but i am hopless at getting them in too racer ohhh well

i will enter either the Evo or the mystery V10 car mawhahahah

and i have sorta started on a track the road surface part of it is coming along but there will be soo much left after that that i am going to need help on..

I am auto stupidity

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 05:38:35 PM »

you know.. i thought this was a really lame idea at first.. but based on who gets in, it might be interesting..

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 06:10:36 PM »

the only thing i dont like about cosmo's rules is there no Kei car openings i would like too see more of those thing racing and opening up the rules for them my just get more ppl making them...

I think that Kei cars aren't totally out of the game for Class A. I mean a ~600kg car with street legal semi slicks and perhaps 120hp with short gearing should be able to make use of those parts of the track that aren't straight. In the end, if there really were a couple of Kei cars entering and not being able to keep up with at least some >660ccm Class A rivals, we can still give a special achievement award Tongue

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
Gizmo
User

Honda Power!

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 06:25:35 PM »

Ill be entering a Kei car, so thats one.

Has their been a decision on a Circuit yet?

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »

kei cars are 660cc cars.. 1.3 liter turbochareged motorcycle engines (that arent even based on a kei car's engine) in kei cars makes them stop being kei cars..

cosmo's classes and rules are just dandy for me.. i like the kei class idea.. but there probably arent enough people who even know what a kei car is to make it worth the bother.. i think the cars and classes have been refined enough anyway.. are we doing the displacements FIA-style with corrected displacements? once we decide on everything, i can splice a rule set into the first post of the topic..

also there will be no circuit.. it's going to be a point-to-point course.

_
GTapex VIP

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 08:40:54 PM »

So we are doing this real touge style thats cool then i am going to suggest that we do both a DH run and a hill climb run add the two times up and use the cumulative to decided the winner. the same car should be used for both run IE not DH set up and a hill climb set that could be seen as unfair..

Well since the rules have pretty much been decided then i am just going add this little bit and add that no GT/proto/formula/touring cept for in unlimited it would be to hard to draw a line between a GT car and our cars but still should be a production car

[corny]gentalmen start youur modeling[/corny]

I am auto stupidity

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 05:09:34 AM »

Big update in the first post

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 08:20:56 AM »

Cheesy
This is just great, the battle returns, and this it looks like its been thoughtout a whole lot better. I'm cool with all the rules as they stand, i'll probably come along and dispute something at somepoint Tongue

If life goes well i might have a tad more time come the end of the month to get involved properly, kei cars sounds like a good course of action, my little BE-1 could get some loving and get finished.. though right now i've got this urge to use it as an excuse to work on my 77 T/A or that 81 Z28 that got started back in the day. yadda yadda... 

anyways....

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »

screw a Z28.. you need an iroc Z, y0 and a vanilla ice driver model.. :p and for the T/A you need the bandit as a driver.. actually.. a burt reynolds driver in anything would be pretty kickass.. :p

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: