::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
December 16, 2017, 04:10:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .:: GTApex Touge Battle II ::.  (Read 42508 times)
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2006, 06:30:24 PM »

haha.. you couldve had a hole with a metal heatshield and the pipe sticking out the side of the rear bumper.. that wouldve been more gangsta, y0.. :p you'd probably even gain a little more torque from a longer pipe..

GTapex has more tyte cars than you. that's why your mom likes us better.
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2006, 10:30:34 PM »

DQD 280z - Class C

A retired Silhouette racer, this 280z monster was recovered from a bankrupcy of a Japanese tuner shop. Picked up by DQD in 2001, many changes were made to save the exsisting frame work, and update the vehicle mechanically. Although the original decals remain from it's previous career, the vehicles engine and drive train is almost completely new. A VG30dett from a SMZ Z32 300zx, reverted to a single turbo setup similar to that of the GTP ZX-Turbo cars ran in the All Japan Sports Prototype and IMSA races, producing 940hp, with 977lbs of torque. The vehicle features the R34 AWD and Super hicas system.The engine is mounted very low, near the back of the engine bay, a custom oil pan and dry sump system had to be built to allow adequate road clearance. The car is almost a complete Tube frame chassis. DQD then moved The driver location to the center of the vehicle, strattling the transmission tunnel. To avoid shifting difficulties steering wheel paddle shifters were used. The vehicle weighs in at just over 1900lbs, and distrobutes that weight over 15x9 and 15x11 impul 5 bolt rims and hoosier tires.

* 280zwip16.jpg (269.87 KB, 890x670 - viewed 335 times.)

* 280zwip17.jpg (272.59 KB, 890x670 - viewed 293 times.)

_
GTapex VIP

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2006, 01:05:40 AM »

thank u for proving me and few other ppl right u have shown us that u know almost nothing about cars, if ur left to ur own devices if u steal form other ppl/games ur ok(at best).
                              Where to start on this car......Lets just start with the engine/drive line.
   Have u seen the RB26 oil pan /TC the thing is pretty big and making it shorter can't really be done so there is no way in hell u would be able to fit that thing far back in the engine bay and still have the central seating. Why do u want HICAS or even super HICAS for that mater,most ppl remove that system when there making track cars because
A: it gives u a large amount of bump steer(< u'll prolly have to look that one up)
B: seeing the speed this car is magical going to do it would prolly make it unstable as hell do to the amount of delay in the system
C: with the magic high down force this car has the system will not work do to the amount of grip and even a lower speeds it would prolly pop seal or line tying to move those big back tyres.
   Then engine back when it was been races by a real tuner they could only get ~800hp (race trim) ~600LB\Ft out of it and the GTP class of old was pretty open. so even with newer turbos it would still next to impossible to get 900 usable hp  and dude straight up u could never get that kind of TQ out it. i'll be happy to eat my words here if U can prove it...
Back too the engine bay there is not e-nuff room to put the big ass inter cooler/rad unless the turbo was off to one side but for the pain the ass that would be might as well keep the TT set up...well i guess u could make come out of the hood( but u would not be able to model that so thats out)
                                Now on to the body..
    That diffuser would do very little because u have air coming off the tyres would be so turbulent it would actually render a good part of the diffuser useless even tho u put a strake (< i am sure u don't know what that is) in there its just not e-nuff to separate the diffrent pressure areas or to keep the turbulence out. and as for little center bit of diffuser  is all so not going to do all that much either cus u made the part of the trunk above it round if u wanted it too work u would have been better off to put a gurney flap there (< might have to look that one up too) cus with out that the air just kinda rolls off the trunk in to the path of the diffuser and its going in opposite direction so it would cus more turbulence.
All i am going to say about the wing is stop taking parts from NFS U.
now as for the hood u fucked her there too if u even look at late era Silhouette cars the strake on the hood is a little further out and shorter then that cus where u put that on would do pretty much nothing cus the vortices would pretty much just hit the A pillar and thats it. the real Silhouette cars put it further out as to separate the low pressure area coming out of the wheel wells and high pressure area on the top on the hood. but i could be wrong on that one thats just the only reason y i can see them been there
lastly that big chunky thing right behind the front wheels what the hell is it there for it just looks ugly like the rest of the body.
   i do like how u didnt even say what it has for brake i guess it pretty to try and keep some pride

I am auto stupidity

all your aero are belong to me bwahahahahahahah!!!!;)
Cosmo┬░
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2006, 04:21:57 AM »

There's really no need to be so hostile, _. Pointing out stuff you think is off is appreciated, but try not to get personal on this.

Having said that, I agree that DQ's specs don't make much sense to me either.

DQ: First of all, your vehicle weight is very low, ~860kg for a heavy V6 with turbo accessoiries, AWD, roll cage, fat rims & tires and hopefully brakes to match this should be difficult to get.
The aero stuff, _ already pointed out in his "charming" way.
Engine, hm, well I don't say it's impossible to get 940hp out of the VG30 with some big ass hair dryer attatched to it, but not with that amount of torque. If you had said 977Nm instead of ft-lbs, it would be more believeable. Think of it, ~1300Nm and 940hp - that would mean you get all that torque at very low rpm, otherwise your hp-figure doesn't match up. That on the other hand doesn't sound realistic if we consider how much boost you would need to get that much torque in the first place.
Now if you should manage to squeeze 940hp out of the VG, you will get that at relatively high rpm and with lot's of lag down there.
Also, you won't be able to hold the block together at that power level, so saying it's a simple VG30DET(T) from a standard Z32 won't do here. You might want to tell us a bit more about your revised engine block and head and the cooling departement.
As I said earlier, I think it's not impossible to get 900hp out of it, but not that easy.
Now if you're using AWD chassis components, you still have to deal with the front drive shafts and diff - how are you going to fit them? Is that were your custom oil pan comes into play?
The center seating position doesn't make much sense to me either. Sure it would be somehow possible to move the seat far back, like in a GT race car, but you still have a drive shaft under your buttocks. That means, you sit higher than in your standard seating position which hurts the center of gravity height - besides that, the Z is pretty tight fit, I'm not sure you could squeeze a normally sized driver in there without him having to angle his head to one side Grin
HICAS indeed doesn't make much sense for serious driving, since it creates a weird feeling for the experienced driver and makes it more difficult to know what the car will react like. Besides that, it just adds unnecessary weight and another couple of parts that can break under the power, heat and load.

I have to say that your racing style livery makes it look less weird to me, but you should really have a closer look at the tech part again. It's been said a couple of times that the goal is to have fun with realistic cars, this one needs some more work, so keep up Smiley
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 04:24:15 AM by Cosmo » Logged

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
_
GTapex VIP

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2006, 05:16:35 AM »

hostile.. i didn't even call him and names and only said fuck once that was me just been... energetic about some thing... but yes i am charming Wink.....
i think that if too ppl can pick apart a car in a little less then an nightit needs a thorough re-think there is just too many wholes in this car to even make in the real world let allown put it in to a game the does not support (super) HICAS or ATTESA in a way befitting the technology that went in too them. sure u can put a 4WS steer in too racer i have done it its not hard but HICAS in not just the rear wheel turning the same or opposite as the front wheels its both actually. ATTESA is not just an AWD or 4WD its some where in between it has a clutch pack that depending on the presuser applied to them send power to the front wheels,in the stock GTR (R32) it was a maxim of 50Kg/M and a minimum of 0Kg/M which makes it not an AWD system because there is no center diff and its not 4WD system cus there amount of power going to the font wheel is not constent. So even if the car could(and most defiantly cant be) made in real life it sure as hell cant be put in the game....

So putting on ur thinking cap and try to make some thing that has less wholes in then swiss cheese...hmmmm swiss cheese

hmmm swiss cheese

I am auto stupidity

all your aero are belong to me bwahahahahahahah!!!!;)
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2006, 01:57:53 PM »

Just a modeling exercise, I don't even play racer, just thought it'd be fun to put some vehicles into the mix. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 02:05:34 PM by discoquinn » Logged

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2006, 09:54:39 PM »

that S30(HS30?)'s ass is mine. if not on the touge, then on the wangan. :p

well... it would be..

..but after a bit of talking with venom.. that(H?)S30 Z is illegal.. tube-chassis silhouette racers arent production cars. so you're probably going to have to revise your specs a bit.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:12:00 PM by RE turbo G » Logged

Venom
Venom > all
GTapex Enforcer

I am teh 1337!

« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2006, 10:11:02 PM »

For the sake of being competitve I'm thinking about replacing my Class C Benz (gonna demote it to B Class) with this road car:

B&!!!11!!!one!

1200 hp ftw!

And if I can't enter that this will be my backup choice, although modded somewhat:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 03:10:00 AM by RE turbo G » Logged

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2006, 10:15:51 PM »

both of those are more production than tubeframer.. :p

since the GT-One was actually a production car for homologation purposes.. i still like 962s better.. :p

long long cars could be quite a disadvantage on tight twisty tracks though, you know..

Venom
Venom > all
GTapex Enforcer

I am teh 1337!

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2006, 12:11:24 AM »

And I would like to add that my F50 is also a potential contender, although modified of course....
I'm thinking 2300 lbs, 1100 hp twin turbo V12, and more downforce  Grin

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2006, 03:07:26 AM »

i think allowing GT-1, LMGTP, and Group C cars might be a little stinky.. yeah, they're technically production thanks to homologation rules and whatnot.. but they still arent really real street cars by my standards.. (or most other people's for that matter).. so if it was in the top class or would fit into the top class at le mans, it's probably b&. the MC12 and S7 are special-ish cases since they race detuned.. LM cars wouldnt do well here anyway.. it's like costa di amalfi or citti di aria in GT4 with an LM car... fairly pointless since they would come unglued a lot.. you could go faster in a street car with a decent power/weight anyway..

i vote for the F50 or a Unimog Type-R..

AlexV
GTapex VIP

?????

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2006, 05:12:15 PM »

Mystical Beast of Rebellion...
Some stuff is just temporary.

* skytouge.jpg (298.31 KB, 1024x1024 - viewed 261 times.)

* skytouge2.jpg (287.09 KB, 1024x1024 - viewed 241 times.)

* skytouge3.jpg (317.94 KB, 1024x1024 - viewed 255 times.)

Venom
Venom > all
GTapex Enforcer

I am teh 1337!

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2006, 05:15:18 PM »

both of those are more production than tubeframer.. :p

since the GT-One was actually a production car for homologation purposes.. i still like 962s better.. :p

long long cars could be quite a disadvantage on tight twisty tracks though, you know..
Twin Turbo F50 it is  Grin

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2006, 07:57:42 PM »

gangsta.

the Z32 Ghost Devil is my C car that i have slated to chase it..

with 1858ps@8500 and 174kg/m@7000 (accidentally)

mine is a dry-sumped twin-turbo titan-valve, billet steel cranked, forged rod and piston, titan valvespring and retainer-sporting, hot-cammed, re-sleeved VK45DE(TT) mounted low and aft of the original position in an FR car weighing ~1250-1350kg on advan slicks that are 9-11 inches in the front and 11-13 inches in the rear. wheels are 18 or 19 inches with 16-17 inch rotors with 8-pistons up front and sixes out back.. suspension is a full gt-spec ohlins coilover set with remote reservoirs. the trans is a custom 6-speed sequential geared for ~450 km/h. driver position has been moved back a bit to accomodate the engine better. every exterior panel has been replaced with carbon fiber and the windows are lexan. the gears themselves are carbon steel and the clutch is a 4-plate unit. the frame has been seam-welded and re-inforced for rigidity, but it's just as much steel as it was when it came from the factory.. just with a few sections cut out and replaced by steel bars to allow certain modifications to fit.

probably not a friendly face to see accelerating toward your rear view mirror...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:18:33 PM by RE turbo G » Logged

AlexV
GTapex VIP

?????

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »

How do you plan to reach 450Km/h on a mountaion road?Or how will you tame almost 2000ps on low-gear curves? :p

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: