::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
November 19, 2017, 07:22:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTapex 峠バットル 2.5R - Let's Winding Summer Enjoy!  (Read 15505 times)
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 02:53:40 PM »

Not necessarily; if you really go for a GT300 style Supra, with a 4-cyl engine and all the benefits, you should have a balanced car as well. Just I think that the white one we had back then was more of a regular tuner car, with GT style wheels, but still the 2JZ pumped up to more than slicks could take, lol. I know it can be fun to fool around in a 1000hp Supra, but you won't be able to use something like that on a track with hairpins and technical sections, you're either out of boost or toe-ing it all the time, wasting power either way.

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 03:37:53 PM »

ha ha, well i kinda gotta agree with you, although i do know where my limits for fast driving are Tongue

the mp-ing on Gyral was good fun, if i remember right you were running the MP R34, and i had the semi sensible orange supra, i think that was one of the few times i felt pretty pleased with my driving. The uphilll hairpin section was allways funny to see who's turn to spin of wildly.

anyways back on topic, a purpose built GT300, running between 4-500 horsepower would be a lot easier to control than the white test supra,

while 3-4 seconds is a long time on a 2km track (tsukuba) it's interesting to see how N2 hachi's compare to high end race cars, Takata NSX high 55's'' N2 Hachi low 58's
prooving that massive power wouldnt necessarily be benificial on what would be a technically more challeging touge track. which would have narrowerr road, a trickier surface and lots more bends, which isnt exacty ideal if youve got something that can go fast in a straight line.

still, id like to try and run something that is not a levin or trueno for a change lol

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 04:00:21 PM »

Kind of getting OT, but ...low 58s? Whoa, the last time I saw Hot Version N2 battle, they were very close around the 1:00 flat marker in qualifying, with race laptimes around the 1:01 range. I tuned my N2 ini for that range as well and it feels like a slotcar on tracks on the old touge layout, although a very stiff one Grin

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 06:01:19 PM »

lol, more OTness, actually it was me getting carried away and talking crap..... im way to tired to be quoting crap, okay so i really meant low 59s, slight error on my part., 58

in Hotversion 86, its all about well, N2 86's (pretty darn new)
to put it in perspective,
6th Tsuchiya 1,00,591
5th. TechArt's purple monster at 1,00,581
4th CBY 1,00,240
3rd KMS 59,954
2nd 59,681
pole, 59,340

some comparisons

Jun Super Grand Prix EK4 - 1'02"765 avg speed 115km/h
86 pole position time -  59,340 avg speed. 122km/h
JUN Hyper Lemon Evo - 0'55"976  avg speed 130km/h
JGTC NSX - 51.875 (lap record) avg speed 140km/h

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 12:09:08 AM »

86es are still wack.. just because you like them.. Tongue

GTapex has more tyte cars than you. that's why your mom likes us better.
OZ
[Absolute Dicktator]
GTapex Enforcer

To the '80s

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 02:11:29 AM »

does that include the sedans or just the hatchs? Tongue

GTApex Staff - keeping the No0bs away from GTApex since 2004!
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 06:13:05 AM »

from your logic,... R32's, Sky80s, 34 faced 32's, Z's, C10s, C110s, TE27s, RA22s etc. are all wack.

anyways, i was thinking, would anyone like to help update Tsukuba with a bit more eye candy, i thought we might have a Time Attack session to go alongside the Touge...

The Dark Shadow
User

Am I annoying you yet?

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 07:55:25 AM »

I can help with textures.
You have to provide me the track anyway, i mean the one you're talking about!  Grin
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 09:38:51 AM »

The touge IS the time attack event, at least that's what RE Turbo G and I keep talking about.
If you were to update TC, the splines should be high on the to-do list, as they are currently annoying and keeping you from running proper lines.

Now let's get back on topic Grin

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »

from your logic,... R32's, Sky80s, 34 faced 32's, Z's, C10s, C110s, TE27s, RA22s etc. are all wack.

anyways, i was thinking, would anyone like to help update Tsukuba with a bit more eye candy, i thought we might have a Time Attack session to go alongside the Touge...

you missed what i was saying, though.. the 86 can become a fast-ish car, but it's wack because you like it.. Tongue every car you like isnt wack.. but the 86 definitely is.

34-faced 32s, C10s and C110s ARE wack, though.. the C211 is the business.. it's slow AND ugly. tsukuba could def. use an update.. or just be re-done..

CUL8R
User

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »

Wee, About time you guys put up another one of these events, you know me, It'll probably end being an Euro or American shell from the 80's highly modified, Im thinking V8 , around 350cu Displacement... More details to follow later when I have spent some time modeling/pissing around  Tongue Roll Eyes

Either way It wont be a slouch

Cheers,Chris

------------------------------------------------------
Plan your work and work your plan
blu_truth
User

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2007, 11:57:07 PM »

I think I'm going to give this a go as long as no one minds.  I have some (hopefully) original ideas that might actually work.  We'll see.  The way things are going now though, I'm definitely going to be stuck in Class C and with less than 400 hp.  Car will be EP3 CTR.
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »

i still have that 2.6L turbo K that cranks double that, you know...

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 08:51:47 AM »

Time for an update on the matter - we have the final road layout done now and it's also already splined.
The terrain is mostly done as well, and we're currently working on the odd bits like setting up the timing and so on.

That means you guys can wake up now and get back to your car preparations Grin
Expect to spend about 5:00min from start to finish, on a roughly 6km long track - oil your controllers, gentlemen.

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 10:15:24 AM »

and you can do the super gutter drift technique! you just.. um.. you know.. might get stuck.. and lose time.. but still.. yay gutter!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: