::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
November 19, 2017, 07:19:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Challange Supra  (Read 4756 times)
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« on: April 27, 2007, 06:39:24 PM »

Figured I'd post it up, Doubt I'll make any more changes.
Let the hate begin!

GTapex 2007 Challenge car:

Class: Unknown, too under powered for C, too heavily modified for A and B.

BASE CAR: 97 Supra RZ
Model: NFS
Wheels: Me
Modifications and Textures: Me

PRELIMINARY SPECS:

BODYWORK
-Frame:
    * Custom Firewall and Transmission tunnel
    * Upper quarter panel trimmed above taillights
    * all brackets and non-force supporting metal removed

-Aero:
    * 2 piece carbon fiber nose and door cover, Completely replaces the nose and doors of the vehicle
    *  1 piece rear carbon fiber hatch and rear bumper
    * Weight Reduction: 3210lbs - 30% = 2247lbs

ENGINE

* Bone Stock Late model 1UZ-FE (2jz-gte = 756lbs with getrag 6-speed, 1uz-fe and R154 = 486lbs, 270lb saving)
    *290hp

TRANSMISSION

* Unmodded W58
    * CF drive shaft with Titanium universal joints
    * Aluminum rear half shafts
    * Cromoly Full spool rear diff.

EXHAUST

* Titanium straight pipe with mild taper that widens.

SUSPENSION

* Front: 14KG springs
    * Rear: 11KG springs
    * Custom 32 setting adjustable shocks
    * titanium upper strut mounts with locked 3 degees camber.
    * Hard anodized Aluminum lower A-arms

BRAKES

* Stock Front Rotors
    * Unvented thin rear rotors
    * Aluminum front dual piston, with aluminum rear single piston
    * Aggressive pads

WHEELS/TIRES

* DQD 16x8 Aluminum rims with CF aero caps.
    * 225/45zr16 Advan AO48 tires

INTERIOR (not modeled)

* Basic aluminum plate chair with padding
    * 13" wheel
    * Small digital speedo

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:18:23 PM »

it's certainly different.. i guess i'll be the first to say i dont really get the concept, though.. you have to unbolt the whole front end to get in? or do you break the glass and get in dukes of hazzard-style? and why only 290hp? it cant make it into A, and the weight's been reduced too much for B.. so it's stuck in class C with only 290hp while weighing about 1100kg.. same with the stock brakes and 16s.. the bodywork cost so much, you couldnt afford to upgrade the inside or something? Tongue the color scheme's kinda funky in my opinion aswell.. unless it serves some purpose.. like to confuse rival drivers or something.. a solid non-radioactive color would probably make the mysteriousness of it all go away a bit.. but it might look better too.. this car relies solely on mechanical grip? i didnt see anything about aero in the description..

GTapex has more tyte cars than you. that's why your mom likes us better.
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:15:57 PM »

lol typical crazy disco color scheme

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
_
GTapex VIP

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 12:58:46 AM »

"typical" half assed Dico specs...
"Hard anodized Aluminum lower A-arms": Do you even know what that means? shot peen i could see but hard anodized would really do nothing cept keep it pretty after all ur off track driving

"Model: NFS"....fucking make ur own shit gawd damn lazy kid

"Unvented thin rear rotors": Ahhh this is a touge brakes are key so this really does not make sence. I know ur under powed so ur tring to save wight but this is not the place.

"Basic aluminum plate chair with padding"
"2 piece carbon fiber nose and door cover, Completely replaces the nose and doors of the vehicle"
"1 piece rear carbon fiber hatch and rear bumper"
All of these are more along the lines of drag racing and for that matter it seems like ur whole car is kinda speced that way so race in a drag race. Dont bother wasting time on it for corners.   

I am auto stupidity

all your aero are belong to me bwahahahahahahah!!!!;)
discoquinn
User

Speed Hero

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 03:46:10 AM »

"typical" half assed Dico specs...

Tongue All your posts have poor grammar and spelling.

"Hard anodized Aluminum lower A-arms": Do you even know what that means? shot peen i could see but hard anodized would really do nothing cept keep it pretty after all ur off track driving

Much lighter than the original Cast Steel. If you wish to discuss realism, the vehicle would be driven for a few hours tops and then end up a trailer queen for the show circuits. 

"Model: NFS"....fucking make ur own shit gawd damn lazy kid

It's unrealistic to build a Toyota Supra from scratch, I don't have all the stamps and molds....Why would I build one from scratch when there is a free model that's much more accurate than my personal modeling skills?

"Unvented thin rear rotors": Ahhh this is a touge brakes are key so this really does not make sence. I know ur under powed so ur tring to save wight but this is not the place.

It is a video game, and tuning for many things is completely pointless, there is no brake fade. However, there is weight consideration. My A-arm won't snap, my brakes won't fade, my frame won't flex. Absolutely pointless to tune with those considerations. A real racing team would try to maximize all possible opportunities, isn't that realism?

"Basic aluminum plate chair with padding"
"2 piece carbon fiber nose and door cover, Completely replaces the nose and doors of the vehicle"
"1 piece rear carbon fiber hatch and rear bumper"
All of these are more along the lines of drag racing and for that matter it seems like ur whole car is kinda speced that way so race in a drag race. Dont bother wasting time on it for corners.   

There were no rules regarding the body work, as long as the basic silhouette remained. The suspension and weight setup is designed specifically for cornering, I'm not sure what you mean about the body work relating to how a vehicle handles? Sorry if I don't have canards and a GT wing.

i didnt see anything about aero in the description..

My apologies, I pointed the nose a bit more so than usual and rounded out the front bumper shape as well. The rear quarter panels were actually trimmed and smoothed along with the rear bumper and hatch gate to remove the trunk lip.

lol typical crazy disco color scheme

Tongue, why build a copy of a car from a Magazine or movie?

Cosmo┬░
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 04:37:44 AM »

As I told DQ last night, the technical aspects are fine according to the rules of Class C and I don't see a problem with the car not being able to run IRL either.
The weight reduction seems realistic if the interior is stripped, glass and hatch mechanism replaced, all the unnecessary electrics are gone (as indicated from the missing lights), etc - the brakes should be fine for a car that weighs about 400kg less than for what they were designed for, venting, drilling or whatnot being there or missing.
Aerodynamics are basically not of importance on this track. Unless you bring a Gr. C style setup that generates literally tons of downforce at reasonable speeds (below 200km/h), it won't be much of a difference.

When I saw the car again this morning, I got reminded of a Viper I saw in a magazine about 11 years back. You know, because of the green and the animal pattern. That R/T10 was similar acid green and had a specially airbrushed snake skin pattern in a slightly darker green tone. Very detailed and small pattern indeed, like less than 1cm per individual "flake".
Anyway, sure your car looks more like a salt lake racer or similar, but I don't mind as you have to be happy with it and at least you show some real creativity instead of the millionth Tsukuba time attack clone car Smiley

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 11:25:24 AM »

http://up.autotitre.com/forum/up/6f2606b8e2.jpg

i've seen it all..

GTapex has more tyte cars than you. that's why your mom likes us better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: