::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
September 20, 2017, 09:38:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Challenge entry - BMW E24 M6  (Read 8636 times)
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« on: May 04, 2007, 08:09:26 PM »

Not that im following the trend in BMW entries....

Anyways, after years of cruising around the local villages in his imported M6, feeling that retro cool that only such a car can give, mr. endo had to garage his baby after a heap of random engine trouble, lack of spare parts and a general stupidity when it came to bmw engines....

luckily for him, his friend mr. hamataro had managed to flip time attack / rally GDB down the touge late one summer evening, destroying much of the structure on the top part of his car, requiring major chassis work which he wasnt too keen on especially since he was funnelling his money towards his z32 beast, so... the engine, drivetrain and a bunch of working parts got snapped up by mr endo.... who had a weird and wonderful plan, spawned by years of abuse of nice cars.

so the birth of the abomination started.... 286 HP inline 6 out.... an in goes..

Black 1988 BMW e24 M6,
400bhp Jun prepared ej25
fully body welded roll cage, expanding foam reinforced body shell,
relocated underfloor fuel tank,
carbon fibre doorpanels, center column, standard dash, carbon bonnet, carbon boot and front lip.
bride carbon seats,
6speed dog box,
 Sti Gr.N drive shafts
Sti Front/rear diff.
Project Mu brakes / calipers
17" black mesh rims with deep chrome lip.

currently no pics, but i should have some decent ones in a few weeks.....
feel free to complain about my choices, lol, at least my car will look nice Tongue

*edit.. apparently mr. hamtaro didnt like my dtuned engine lol... "i can tell you it didnt have a 2.5l only makng 400ps..i have one 2.5 making 750ps, and a 2.35 that's over 600"

* endoM6.jpg (85.71 KB, 640x285 - viewed 494 times.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:32:50 PM by endo » Logged

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:20:25 PM »

sabotage, i say!

i think you oversprung the suspension so it would flip over... Tongue

GTapex has more tyte cars than you. that's why your mom likes us better.
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »

lol, well its one way to save money on the retail price

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 03:26:10 AM »

That EJ25 is going to be a tight fit, did you check some dimensions or... Grin I guess if you take advantage of the engine being considerably shorter than the BMW units, it might be possible to mount it back enough to get behind the strut towers and front suspension main bits.
About the reinforcement, lol, I think you watched a certain A'PEXi demo car clip lately - but why use a cage and the foam? Foam is more of an alternative to cages, when you don't want to put one in, but still have some rigidity upgrade.

All the nagging put aside, I'd love to see an E24 done by you that's for sure Smiley

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 06:22:10 AM »

lol, you do have a point, erm thats quite possibly a problem but you know, its nothing that being creative with a sledge hammer couldnt fix. In all honesty though... its just an excuse to force me to make a black M6 with two tone black meshes. (if there's any bmw i love its that  one) the other option would have been a AMG 500SEC, in black, same style wheels..... but i went for the M6, dont really want to the local pimp. Eitherway... my lack of bmw engine knowledge means opting for an engine i know something about lol....

i guess i can allways go for something narrower like a RB26, and live without the bad boy boxter sound...

well, the main reason for both the cage and foam, the cage is there more from a safty point of view, since it will surround the driver, where as the foam will fill up all the spaces around the rear etc.
lol.. my thinking is, if the car were driven like the way i sometimes drive in racer, it needs all the saftey features it can get.

all in all the car should look pretty stock, except for the wheels, and left middle headlight removed for an intake, so if it fails badly, at least i can allways just make a standard car. lol

Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 08:11:27 AM »

I thought about the AMG the second I saw the thread title, lol, it would've been only natural in your case Smiley
Anyway, depending on what you actually want to achieve with the car, power level, balance etc, a swap isn't even needed.
I mean, for 450hp-ish, you can leave the M88/3 in there and NA tune it up to Gr. 4 spec (M1 Procar level), or if you feel like a solid kick in the lower rear, add a turbo and go for a Gr. 5 spec version (again, M1 cars had around 750hp there in the races, with more for qualifyings). There's also the S38B38 upgrade of course, the last inline 6 M5 engine with 340hp in stock form already and again, if you dare to turbo it, 4 digit figures are in reach if need be. Don't need to mention any of the V8 or V12 swaps I guess, all been done before.
Not trying to bring you off-path, though, just giving some comments, since I read a thing or two about the BMW stuff.

btw, some links that might be of use:
Link 1, Big Coupe Group
Link 2, E24.ru

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
AlexV
GTapex VIP

?????

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 10:05:16 AM »

Dammit, i was thinking of entering with either a former Group A 635 or a GC8 Sad You just killed them both!
Off to more thinking, and to see if a hayabusa engine fits on a City Turbo...
Anyway if it was me, i'd go with the Gr.4 spec level engine Smiley

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 08:06:05 PM »

endo's a riceboy! you'll cram an RB26 into anything, huh?

2-tone meshes, you say? you mean cool two-tone or something more standard? a 2-tone body with pinstriping would be cool too..

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 08:59:37 PM »

riceboy would have been.... a sr20, or a B18 lol
anyways, i added a pic up there,.. ive got pin striping. no need for anything more.

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

a B18 would be funny.. you didnt really use 2-tone wheels.. that's just chrome rims and black faces.. Tongue REAL two-tone black wouldve the real business.. Tongue but now that you're not doing them, i can use them.. Tongue

The Dark Shadow
User

Am I annoying you yet?

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »

RB26 is rice coz every1 luv tha skylinez an tha engin' too yo.
Mmh no. XD
nikn
User

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »

well, because of the way Subaru engines and gearboxes work, the engine actually has to be mounted in front of the front axle. [this is a drawback of their symmetric AWD system]. Also, it is really hard to route the drive from behind the wide boxer engine to in front of it. I bet that even in most non symmetric AWDs, the front diff is attached to the gearbox. This is one reason why u wud not use 4wd in a car like this practically: the engine wud be sitting way too far forward.

edit: do wat porsche does and stick that boxer engine in the ass. handling maybe a bit *exciting* with all that junk in your trunk Smiley
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 04:10:52 PM by nikn » Logged
Cosmo°
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 09:12:05 AM »

Ah - now the complete sillyness of it strikes me. I actually never even thought that you [endo] planned on turning it into an AWD, so the front diff part completely slipped past me. All the messenging about silly swaps, lol. nikn's right on that, I assumed you wanted to use the engine "alone"... how can you want to turn it into a AWD car, that's blasphemy Tongue

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 11:50:29 AM »

thats the aim... to be as blasphemous as possible....
a
ctually i'll admit the truth now, i was going to make either the E24 or the W126, in black with black/chrome wheels.. I just need an excuse to motivate myself.

everything after that point, is made up from 10mins of trying to decide what the most ludicrous tuning suggestions were. Tongue

The reality of it is... a)the car will be RWD anyways, due to racers limitation, and b)the car will handle like crap because of my limited ini skills, or more realitically like a butchered version of the hachi's ini with some real data and a dodgy torque curve.

i'm not saying that im not going to try to get a decent ini, its just i'll admit that when it comes to ini's, regardless of what spec i claim the car has.... the car will handle like a wet fish on acid.

but if i was to argue the M6's case.... its not that hard, the Volga V12, is a volga body shell sitting on a 850i chassis, so ultimately if someone were weird enough to attempt something as weird as a M6WRX, then its more than possible....

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 07:18:57 PM »

a bit of an apology if i sounded like an ass, and i seem to not want to listen to anyone's ideas, particularily cosmo & nikn. I just kinda read my posted to day, and its hard to tell if im being funny, or just being a dick (or both)

so sorry if i got a bit snappy.

just been pulling 80hrs a week to get stuff done at work, so you can kinda guess my social skills have gone down the pan, in all honesty i dont mind the critisim, i am proposing a pretty dumb thing... and even i have my own doubts what would be the point other than it would have that nice boxter sound.

anyways, cosmo, ive had a look at some of the M stuff, some of it is interesting, ill have to read up on it more, since ive only had a half hour or so to browse through it during lunch etc.
 i think i might end up hassling you on what would be the best way to go if with the bmw engines, i have no clue.. im not aiming for anything crazy really, the car is powerful enough as it is stock,

so if anything the car is going to be the least tuned car entetered probably, if all fails... ill just make it stock, and run it like that.. just with a bit of weight lost, and fancy pants rims. Guh. i wish i just went the usual route and broke out that old camo trueno.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: