::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
September 21, 2017, 12:24:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Challenge - Honda EP3/S  (Read 9512 times)
Cosmo┬░
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 02:54:15 PM »

Not really changing the silhouette, lol
Looks a bit like a hillclimb car, or I could probably say it reminds me of the Dahlb

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 08:24:38 PM »

the super-wides might increase your cornering speeds/capabilities.. but they're probably going to require a bit more power to accelerate and keep going.. custom suspension geometry is definitely a cool plus of the capabilities of big flares.. are they like 3" per side?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:43:18 PM by RE turbo G » Logged

GTapex has more tyte cars than you. that's why your mom likes us better.
blu_truth
User

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 11:43:18 AM »

Ok guys, I updated the specs a bit after reading your useful responses.

@Cosmo: Glad to hear the silhouette rule isn't being broken here, that would've ruined my day.  After playing with the setup some more, I've currently settled with a AWD type layout with a somewhat strange-sounding 80/20 torque split.  Yup, 80% to the front.  I might still tweak it a bit, but we'll see.  You're right about the similarities to the Dahlback Golf which BTW is an awe inspiring car.  I think if I were to somehow be able to fit that much power into the EP3, I definitely wouldn't be able to handle it.  As it is, the car's quite a handful.

In terms of suspension, yeah...  I had to fabricate some...  stuff so that the wider stance would play nice.  What kind of stuff?  Well, let me get back to you on that.  Cheesy

About the wheels, I was pretty sure they were 17's.  So I went and measured them and somehow they turned into 20's.  Which is unacceptable in my book.  So we're down to 19's now, which just so happens to coincide with what you said.

@RE turbo G: Yeah, most of the time I seem to have enough power, but maybe I need to try the car on some tracks with major elevation changes.  That might end up changing my mind.  Ideally what I want is max acceleration with top speed being less important, I'd imagine.  We'll see how things go.  I could have all the power in the world, but if I can't get it down then it's useless to me.  Time for more testing soon.

The flares...  I can't remember but 3-4" sounds about right.  After 4" it started to look really funny.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: