::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
August 17, 2017, 08:28:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C1 workshop- Some car modelling!!  (Read 40013 times)
C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »

Ok got a job now, finally looking at a new PSU. Thinking either XFX PRO850w or Coolingmaster G700.

ow and inspiration Tongue

The Dark Shadow
User

Am I annoying you yet?

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2013, 09:00:12 AM »

Needs more wings (also at least a big one in the front, like Chris Rados TA Scion) and stuff so it will have so much drag that I can beat your top speed with a moped. Tongue

It has some nice bits here and there tho, nice color too.

Glad to hear you are back in business though!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:02:38 AM by The Dark Shadow » Logged
C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »

Needs more wings (also at least a big one in the front, like Chris Rados TA Scion) and stuff so it will have so much drag that I can beat your top speed with a moped. Tongue

It has some nice bits here and there tho, nice color too.

Glad to hear you are back in business though!

Well not out of the woods with the pc yet Tongue still need to get the psu.

We need some pics of your crew vehicle though Tongue

And more inspiration Tongue

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 06:21:03 AM by C1Rob » Logged

C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2014, 07:38:44 AM »

Sooo sadly havent reinstalled 3d max yet, still have to(sorry! ill start working on the build car soon again Tongue )

I did do some modelling in sketchup though, i saw this picture and had been thinking about modeling something similar before so i gave it a shot:

So far:

Not meant as an exact copy and please excuse the retarted back wall... Smiley
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:59:51 AM by C1Rob » Logged

The Dark Shadow
User

Am I annoying you yet?

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2014, 08:03:01 AM »

Not bad! Should do it in scale (if it isn't already) and put it in Racer!

I just finished a couple of cars (didn't make anything since the pink AZ1 from last November) for a couple of friends to use in Racer and I'm about to start mine, drift cars for now but it's going to be Wangan spec stuff next so I might be able to, finally, make the damn Wangan car at last!
C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2014, 01:23:44 PM »

I guessed some sizes and based the rest around those but the plan is to look up some official sizes (Roads etc) and then match it all up/clean it all up.

The carry was also resized and probably not to the right scale.

Haha racer... i havent touched that in ages :\ But maybe an idea.

And am looking forward to your cars Smiley

OZ
[Absolute Dicktator]
GTapex Enforcer

To the '80s

« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2014, 12:26:32 PM »

hum... coming from the resident build maker of this forum Tongue, here's some tips
- don't extrude stuff like white lines, either make them hover over the original tarmac by doing a 5mm implement (if you are building everything by real scale like i do) or make them like this:
  _____
/           \

- to get the dark tunnel effect at the end of the scene without having to model a full tunnel, just bend it to your right side, extruding it along a circle (a large one preferably). It will make it seems endless and more realistic than dropping a wall there, and its a 5 min job.

- if you plan it to be a good render scene, try to add as much detail as possible to it. By that i don't mean complex stuff, but stuff like water drains, pipes, small divisions on the tarmac blocks, also, break the repetition pattern on the traffic cones by deleting some and moving around others. Traffic cones like those are hand placed, so people expect them to be at irregular intervals

- i dunno bout what render you are using, but if you can, try to set a sunlight dial on sketchup and give the scene a more 9am morning shadow, it should bring it close to what you see on the photo.

i think that it, its pretty good so far!

GTApex Staff - keeping the No0bs away from GTApex since 2004!
C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2014, 02:18:47 PM »

hum... coming from the resident build maker of this forum Tongue, here's some tips
- don't extrude stuff like white lines, either make them hover over the original tarmac by doing a 5mm implement (if you are building everything by real scale like i do) or make them like this:
  _____
/           \

- to get the dark tunnel effect at the end of the scene without having to model a full tunnel, just bend it to your right side, extruding it along a circle (a large one preferably). It will make it seems endless and more realistic than dropping a wall there, and its a 5 min job.

- if you plan it to be a good render scene, try to add as much detail as possible to it. By that i don't mean complex stuff, but stuff like water drains, pipes, small divisions on the tarmac blocks, also, break the repetition pattern on the traffic cones by deleting some and moving around others. Traffic cones like those are hand placed, so people expect them to be at irregular intervals

- i dunno bout what render you are using, but if you can, try to set a sunlight dial on sketchup and give the scene a more 9am morning shadow, it should bring it close to what you see on the photo.

i think that it, its pretty good so far!

Thanks for the great tips. I was thinking about some of them, in particular the bending of the road.

For the lines, what do you mean by implement? Im trying to build everything to scale but i was on a role and wanted to get as much in as possible while it lasted Tongue Think i spent 3 hours on it or so...

Did it all in sketchup and did the test render in Keyshot just to see how it was coming along.

Things i need to rescale:

-Carry
-lights
-pipe
-cones ( Also i was thinking these were permanently bolted down plastics cones before and it seemed to me they would be placed by precise mesurements according to rules or something).
-walkway/handrail
-curbs

Add/change:
-background(make it curved)
-total height of the tunnel
-wall height (concrete/tile ratio)
-cealing to the right
-add wire details, grate, signs, electrical boxes
-divide concrete into slabs and rework the concrete gutter
-tunnel section cuts in the walls(the indents in the wall to the left and also barely visible on the right wall)

Then recheck the scaling, the look, etc and maybe make textures for things. For the moment i was using a combi of stock sketchup textures and stock Keyshot materials.

Im thinking of making a variety of these scenes, had also been looking at making tatsumi parking area but i want to finish this one first Smiley

OZ
[Absolute Dicktator]
GTapex Enforcer

To the '80s

« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »

basically, is either you draw the line on the road, or make it so that it "floats" over the road with no more than 5mm of space btw them, this way it won't cast shadows, making it look 3d or extruded from the ground. this size will be visually negligible if you park a car over the line with the tires touching it. from a perspective view, it will feels like the line is still on the ground.

this also helps when you are texturing for games, as the tarmac gets a more continuous natural texture and you only have to get a small white tarmac texture for the lines.

i'll get some pics of the ones i made if you need.

C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2014, 02:17:36 PM »

Ahh ok! Ive seen that before, just didnt know it was called that Smiley

Ill give it a try Smiley

I think ill have some time tomorrow to do some more work on it Smiley

C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »

Did some updating wednesday and today...

just a really quick and dirty test render:

Added corner
resized hand rail
resized cones
got the carry to a reasonable size

still to do:

maybe lower the walkway a little
add loads of details
change some little things
Get the lighting right

C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2017, 03:00:35 PM »

300zx update!!

I got 3dsmax working again today...

I forgot how to do most things though haha, i couldnt even get the mirrored part back to solid hahaha

OZ
[Absolute Dicktator]
GTapex Enforcer

To the '80s

« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2017, 09:22:08 AM »

not bad, can't help with the transparent mirror thing since my brain refuses to remenber max now, i'll have to go through a crash course to bring it all back.

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2017, 12:24:03 PM »

ALT+X Wink

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2017, 12:37:48 PM »

ALT+X Wink