::GTapex:: - Naturally Aspirated Skills
October 16, 2018, 04:32:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Cars Coming.. At some point..

Nissan: GT-R, Sky80, BNR32, HCR32, PS13,
Subaru: GC8
Toyota: GX81 MKII, AE86 Levin, TE27
Honda: DC2
VW: RSI

Released: AE86 Trueno, DR30 Skyline, KPGC10 Skyline(Beta)
GTapex Mp3 Player: Launch!

READ THE RULES! They're your friends.. Go Ahead. Read 'em. Even if you dont want to.

FAQ ON USING PARTS FOR RACER : Read this before asking, its probably been answered before.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Unlocked or Locked
OMg rLZ Plz!!111
Hell yeah, its BIG wing time!!
Yes, i promise not to rice what is already riced
your models suck anyway.
Have you seen the "modding" at RSC?
Fuck the n00bs, I say LOCK EM!!
I vote for hamtaro!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nissan S13 A's, 2005 SFR S13 & Toyota MKII - Release Poll  (Read 18890 times)
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« on: February 05, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »

Right, with the busy state ive been in over the past couple of years, bar working on a few private projects ive not really touched some of my old cars... mainly because alot of cars were made purely so i could have something different to drive other than the same old car i drive in racer.
So essentially that means alot of cars are unfinished or are not totally up to scratch, having missing parts/interior or plain just got an interior.

so.. ive been considering to release some of the older models that i dont care so much about.. since right now im focusing on the cars that are important for me. But this is where the poll comes in... as much as i hate seeing raped hachis with shit "mods" on RSC, ive been trying to decide wether or not i should just release a couple of cars unlocked...

of course doing so, this is counting on the honesty and good taste of those people that inhabit the internet, and it would be nice to recieve thanks to the people behind the cars (rather than register, download and never post)

so opinions... ultimately my decision in the end, but im curious to here what people think.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 09:08:04 PM by endo » Logged

"I'm just a cowboy.....a drifting cowboy"
OZ
[Absolute Dicktator]
GTapex Enforcer

To the '80s

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »

You know Saleeo right? and Razorfin? And all those free models being sold on turboquid... yeah, i think you know were i placed my vote Tongue

GTApex Staff - keeping the No0bs away from GTApex since 2004!
Cosmo┬░
荒木雷
GTapex R&D

32サイドアップ

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:03:22 AM »

We've been talking about this, but I still voted here anyway. "Yes, i promise not to rice what is already riced" and "Have you seen the "modding" at RSC?" - because as you can see from the stuff that people do to any car, locked or not, it doesn't matter how you release it. There'll always be different wheels, add-on body parts, texture mods and e-suspension tuning.
We all know there's more than one way to get around restrictions anyway. Somebody who wants to learn from a mesh won't do it (it's unnecessary for that purpose anyway), but others don't give a damn no matter what.

_: endo's not talking about the Trueno, it's just about the 2.5 models in the header for now. The rest of your statement seems weird to me. It's been a bit over 3 years now that the original AE86 was released and if you look around the common and lesser known Racer related forums, you will find plenty of questionable mods already, that is with a locked mesh. Despite the readme files, the archives (as well as many of the parts...) have been posted on other websites or were included in some sort of compilation/package. Taking it down from here will only lead to more private sharing and spreading of "unauthorized copies", because 10sec after it's not here anymore, people elsewhere will post about it and start sharing.
...judging on who's worthy or unworthy of accessing our content would be slightly silly on a public forum. If we'd not be interested in releasing our work to the community, we'd just deal with the whole process behind closed curtains anyway.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 05:23:51 AM by Cosmo » Logged

いつでも、どこでも、スモーキー
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »

hmm.. 9 votes and the the same few that  post... preciesly what i couldnt care less half the time.

@OZ, yes.. i know the guy.... and i know my countach when i see it.

@Dash, yeah.. the 86 will never get released as a mesh.. same as the only person bar me with the jubiride is Cosmo. Even with the models flaws its not something id want to see raped like the "up garage + big wing on RSC thread"

@Cosmo.. well, yeah we've been talking about this, i have to agree about the whole questionable mods thing, lol, i see alot of that, locked or unlocked... theres hachi's rollind dubs, with neon paint jobs and big wings, but it doesnt seem to matter what car is released someone will wreck it and turn it into a "driftah" or say its a twin turbo supercharged type-r street racer or something.

@59.. oh the 05 S13, is jsut a stock one with a nasty paint job and wing.. Tongue aint no one bar us getting the TRA badboy.

and well there's more than one unlocker out there, so if someone was really resourseful they could find a way to butcher the models and give me a heart attack.

RE turbo G
mr. hamtaro
GTapex Enforcer

step to the beat!

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »

but you see they havent the brain or the resolve to find and use an unlocker.. and then once they do, they dont have the sense to do anything with the model since all they can do is change colors and wheels.. you know none of the downloaders at rsc are smart enough to be resourceful. the dummies cant even deconstruct "AE86".. "it mean fas kar, lolzzess, amirite. i no kuz i iz expert on everthing!"

the only point of keeping the SFR13 is to keep the paint to yourself.. wouldnt want to see anyone screw up the scheme.. may aswell let the idiots screw the stock one themselves instead of giving them a template.

it would be even funnier to give them AE86 inis and no sounds... or even worse, FF inis and AE86 sounds.. 90+% of those idiots wont have a clue and will be all "wuu huu luk how cool i drift, dis iz best kar evar!"

GTapex has more tyte cars than you. that's why your mom likes us better.
The Dark Shadow
User

Am I annoying you yet?

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:25 AM »

Do not release, plain and simple.

BTW it funny to fight on RSC, its like a battleground.
InsanezX2
User

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 12:33:33 PM »

Do not release, plain and simple.

Although I really enjoy your cars Endo, I would have to agree with this. With all of the raping and pillaging of the good models nowadays and just how little credit and apreciation goes to their creators, there isn't as much reason to release them to anyone other than your friends. Though you really shouldn't be too concerned with what some of these people do to the cars. It just makes it that much more obvious how little they know about them and how bad of taste they have.

Oh, and I see the poll has another option since I first looked at this thread. Tongue
.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »

Oh, and I see the poll has another option since I first looked at this thread. Tongue

i'm guessing that'd be mr.hamtaro's ninja editing again.....

.endo.
Winding Night Hooligan
Crayon Master

選ばれし者

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »

right okay... (i think i glossed over that)

anyways..  with that out of the way, and causing more posting than is generally had in her in the average year, can we please actually discuss this unlocking thing...

pros, cons.. and does anyone even want a mark II Tongue

......was it venom or 59 that voted i suck?

InsanezX2
User

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »

anyways..  with that out of the way, and causing more posting than is generally had in her in the average year, can we please actually discuss this unlocking thing...

pros, cons.. and does anyone even want a mark II Tongue

I want whatever you're willing to release, and I'd say lock them. Since I've never actually finished any projects though, I count as a non modeller and my opinion doesn't matter.
AlexV
GTapex VIP

?????

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »

I voted for the big wing Smiley

why don't you release the stock stuff .ar locked (which will eventually be unlocked) and maybe add a private password-protected webpage/subforum for "special editions" and other peeps cars, like .59's, etc. That way you could choose who you want to give access to and such.

Edit: Z0mgdz0rz this forum is gonna overheat!

Venom
Venom > all
GTapex Enforcer

I am teh 1337!

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 02:50:49 PM »

GT Apex gunnah asplode!
Anyway I say they all should be locked, regardless. The noobs can go model their own damn cars...

C1Rob
User

Team INBOUND!

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »

Well i cant really do anything with the 3d work right now but I voted the please release i wont rice.

Thing is, I want a nice base to try to build something on, or atleast mess with, it wont get posted if you dont want me to.

Maybe you can put a post limit / membership time limit on the downloads. This way you can put cars with unlocked meshes in this section and only people you might want to give the meshes to get them.

If a member is not worth it and not worth being a member on this forum then you get rid of him/ her and doesnt get enough posts/ time to be able to get the meshes.

Maybe this is an idea?

The Dark Shadow
User

Am I annoying you yet?

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 09:56:20 AM »

For unlocked meshes there's MSN where he can send them to the people he want (as i guess he already did so..) no need to risk posting them on the forum and if you need a base just get one of the thousend GTA cars there's on the internet.
 Wink
AlexV
GTapex VIP

?????

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »

c1rob: that's what i was trying to say. Smiley

TDS: you're half right. not everyone goes on MSN all the time, or at the same time and it gets kinda boring to ask for meshes :p also, GTA meshes tend to have unclear or at least suspicious "authors" in most of the meshes and besides its always cooler to work on the meshes done by someone we "know".

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: